Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Girl Unveiled

Homework on time...milk glass bottoms up...sleeping at 9 and all my Humpty Dumpty and Baba black sheeps conned...simple imperatives to be a good girl.

The kindergarten was now in senior high and more adjectives were required to be check listed to be that coveted good girl.Had to score a 90 percent and above(the brilliant lot),genteel in public and carry the anorak look with grace.

Went to college and parents with their eyes full of concern and expectations left me in the new cosmos.This was my "Ranbhoomi"(battleground)...I was the King and I was the slave.Hardly slumbered on time,loved to be a backbencher and bunking a class to go for a movie was such a therapy.Wore according to my mood and ate for my temptations.Had i become icky???I wasn't being rebellious nor it was some vagaries i would say it was just accretion to my persona.

As a sophomore with my thinking cap on I ruminated and my search for the "girl good " in me ended.I realized this good girl need not always be abode before the gloam,not always be 'comme il faut'....she just needs to be sensitive to her surrounding and truthful to her scruples.




2 comments:

  1. HMMM!!
    lets say the good girl rhyming poem in nursery will somehow manage to learn rhyme the "sweet school melodies".This time bit variant i am... college was always a fun place but never a battle ground!!!
    It all upon u who you think is the foe to get it demolished!!
    We need to learn from water it never chenges its properties just flows down and retains itself!!!!
    Bt at the end of the day all we can say "ALL IS WELL".........



    Good girl 50-50 thought it would have been much better!!!!!!
    Thts all frm uncle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes college was a battleground....i was learning to survive without the umbilical cord...identifying myself among the mob....

    Our dear dihydrogen monoxide does teaches us a lot...well deb what you commented was it in context to the blog??

    ReplyDelete